cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer 2.17.0 crash: malloc(): unaligned tcache chunk detected

mbuchwald_atg
Associate

Hi,

for the last couple days, the STM32CubeProgrammer 2.17.0 keeps crashing in SWV mode and I have no idea why - I believe 2.17.0 didn't do that in the beginning so it could be printf outputs from my F437...but that shouldn't be able to crash the viewer, right?

Crashes generally happen within a minute, sometimes within a second of starting the SWV, sometimes (especially when it's in the background) it can run a tad longer. It does happen with colors on/off, as well as logging to file on/off, so no immediate and obvious workaround. I'm trying to log data from a temperature/fan controller, so I need data that spans hours without controller reset. In the current state, STM32CubeProgrammer output is worthless to me, so I'm using SW viewer in the old ST-Link Utility instead. That one runs fine bus but obviously has its own limitations.

In Windows, I don't know how to obtain a crash log from STM32CubeProgrammer - two example files from a Linux VM install are attached, the Linux client fails the very same way.

The attached programming device is a Nucleo F103RB running version V2J45M30 (most current fw offered by STM32Cubeprogrammer/STLinkUpgrade 3.15.6)

0 REPLIES 0