Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer openjfx

yakabmarci
Senior

cube programmer doesn't work on linux

It gives error JavaFX NOT installed => warn user

but javafx is installed (sudo apt-get install openjfx)

Linux Mint 19.2 Tina

4.15.0-60-generic #67-Ubuntu SMP

4 REPLIES 4
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hello,

did you have jave JRE installed ?

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/PC_prerequisites#Install_extra_packages

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I have java and all the extra packages installed, other java based programs are working fine.

I get this dialog, i have openjdk 11.0.4 and also installed openJFX as instructed in the dialog, still doesn't work.

Also tried with oracle jre, the same dialog is shown.

0690X00000AQuAiQAL.jpg

TOlli
Senior

Hi,

I read from another forum that the newest JREs/JDKs don't ship with a folder called 'jre' anymore, and CubeProgrammer is set to only check if the folder exists during startup.

Apparently there is no way around it. I ran into the same issue with this one, and can't get the tool to work.

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @TOlli​ 

We confirm this issue with recent version of OpenJDK and we are sorry for inconvenience.

Workaround is to install OpenJDK 8 or Oracle JRE 8.

ST is working to be independent from this Java version in future release of its tool for beg year 2020.

BR,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.