cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading and writing RAM via ST-Link

axel101
Associate III

I am using STM32MP153 MPU on custom board.

Is it possible to read/write memory region using ST-Link connected via JTAG interface?

Most interesting if this is possible through some command line interface, perhaps my own C program using some API.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @axel101 ,

> Did you mean I can do this on M4 coprocessor?

No, for your use case it's no more valid. 

I guess the remaining option is to load with serial only up to a specific Uboot implementing load of QSPI through ethernet. 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @axel101 ,

Can you elaborate a bit further what you would like to ? 

Which RAM and from which Core ? Are you talking about A7/linux world or M4/HAL ? 

CubeIDE allow you to interact with Memory while in debug ? Can it fit your need ?

Thanks 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I am talking about A7/U-boot.
Generaly I need to develop update procedure. As I understand, I can't flash QSPI image via ST-link.
Since I heve only sertial port and JTAG the only way to flash QSPI image for is use STM32CubeProgrammer and uboot stm32 loader via serial port.
But this way is very slow (10Mb image loads about 40 minutes)
If I could write image to device RAM via ST-link I could develop special U-boot image which loads image from RAM to QSPI

Hi,

One solution might be to enable an SD-Card boot which could start uBoot then copy image into QSPI from SD-Card partition or Ethernet.

Regards.

Unfortunly, there is SD card slot.
You asked "Are you talking about A7/linux world or M4/HAL?"
Did you mean I can do this on M4 coprocessor?

Hi @axel101 ,

> Did you mean I can do this on M4 coprocessor?

No, for your use case it's no more valid. 

I guess the remaining option is to load with serial only up to a specific Uboot implementing load of QSPI through ethernet. 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN

Yes, I started from this variant, but it is requires host side specific settings (such as DHCP/BOOTP and TFTP server)

Thank you