cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB10CC not programming on custom hardware

nmartini
Associate II

I designed a custom PCB. It is designed to be used in a remote control car I want to make/to control a BLDC motor and servo wirelessly or through a potentiometer.

When I attempt to program the microcontroller (connecting through STLINKV3) it seems to connect fine, and I am able to read the flash and option bytes. When I try to program a file, it fails with error "Error: failed to erase memory", except for one time where two blocks were written (see image) [the data is correct in the first but in the second only the 1 is correct].

I have attempted in every combination of software/hardware/core reset in CubeProgrammer, and have read various other community posts, with no success. 

I'm not quite too sure where to go from here, whether it is a hardware issue or a software configuration issue.

I have attached the Altium design files as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

nmartini_0-1716614990108.png

5 REPLIES 5
Maryem
ST Employee

Hello @nmartini,

Thank you for providing a detailed description of your issue. Could you please attach the binary file that you're trying to download and the log showing the error message you're encountering ?

Thank you in advance !

Maryem.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Maryem,

Please find attached.

Thanks,

Nick

Maryem
ST Employee

Hello @nmartini,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Despite reviewing the files you've provided, I was unable to reproduce the issue on my end. Could you please share the current configuration of your option bytes?

Thank you for your patience and cooperation !

Maryem.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Maryem,

I have attached screenshots of the option bytes as I couldn't see a way to save as text. I have been unable to change any of them as well so this is how they have been configured since I received it.

Thanks,

Nick

Hi @Maryem ,

Have you had a chance to look at the option bytes yet?