cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32cubeprogrammer

Conny Olander
Associate II
Posted on April 11, 2018 at 10:08

Fails to use stm32cubeprogrammer for stm32f765?

What can be wrong?

#stm32cubeprogrammer
18 REPLIES 18
Posted on April 13, 2018 at 06:51

Hi!

I have attached a hexfile. It did not work with stmcubeprogrammer.

This is a the new file.

The old and the new file work with older st-link utility program.

They also work with the CAN bootloader.

Hex files were created with IAR.

/Conny

Conny Olander
Associate II
Posted on April 17, 2018 at 14:47

Not solved... Help!!!

Cedric LECOUTRE
ST Employee
Posted on April 17, 2018 at 15:59

Hi

Olander.Conny

‌, Hi

st.mcu

‌,

To share also with STCommunity the exchanges I have within ST online support (as supporter).

Setup of

Olander.Conny

is using an STM32F765ZG, i.e. with the 1MB Flash configuration. This was not supported by default out of the box from the STM32FlashLoader V2.9.0RC8, but I was able to provide previously an associated .STmap configuration file to make it work.

If I look at the STM32CubeProgrammer database (in C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\Data_Base file STM32_Prog_DB.xml), I am only seeing the 2MB single and dual banks flash configuration for the STM32F76x/STM32F77x (with Device ID 0x451).

This explains,

st.mcu

, why it is working for you on the STM32F769I-Discovery (since including aSTM32F769NIH6 microcontroller featuring 2 Mbytes of Flash)

So for me, we have the same issue as for the STM32FlashLoader, we need to add inside STM32CubeProgrammer a 1MB Flash configuration to STM32F76x/STM32F77x Device ID 0x451 covering STM32F765xG products .

Best regards,

Cedric

Posted on May 18, 2018 at 06:32

When are the utdate available?

Posted on June 01, 2018 at 12:33

Why can you not just fix this?

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello,

Please note that the issue explained by Cedric was fixed in STM32CubeProg V1.1.0.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Conny Olander
Associate II

​Hi!

This still does not work, When comes the stmcubeprogrammer update that fixes this problem?

/Conny

Conny Olander
Associate II

​Hi!

It still does not work...

I Have tried cubeprogrammer v2.50 today and the errors remains...

When can this be fixed?

/Conny

Fixing issues and basic functionality with these applications seems to be a problem for ST.

I've reported several issues with HEX and ELF parsing issues, including ones which break the external loaders, which don't seem to get addresses or tested throughly.​ ie issues with one file might be changed, but systemic issues with other files is not.

Needs independent code review and oversight.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..