Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer 2.8.0 Automatic mode is not working

FArdi.1
Associate III

Using ST-link V3.

MCU: STM32L031

First programming was ok. After disconnecting and reconnect with second device, nothing happen.

0693W00000FAklrQAD.pngUsing same set of hardware, but changed software to ST-LINK Utility.

Result: ok. Automatically programmed the second device.

0693W00000FAkm6QAD.png

11 REPLIES 11
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @FArdi.1,

Try unplug the board every time or use STLink utility.

Try this and if this solves your problem please let me know.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Try unplug the board every time:

Reply: That's my main purpose of using automatic mode. I must unplug previous board, and plug the next one. I expected STM32CubeProgrammer detect automatically, but it didn't.

use STLink utility:

Reply: STlink utility worked fine as mentioned in original posting. I thought this software is replaced by STM32CubeProgrammer?

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link004.html

0693W00000FBhXKQA1.png

Hi @FArdi.1​ 

ST-Link utility is not recommended for new products.

Maybe you need to update the ST-Link Firmware !

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

I have updated to latest version (V3J8M3B5S1), then do power cycle of STlink V3 hardware and target board.

Problem is not solved yet. STM32CubeProgrammer was able to detect disconnection, but no response after connected to target board.

Attached is STlink configuration and target info. I have tried reducing frequency until 1Mhz. Problem is still there.

0693W00000FC1oBQAT.png

Is there a solution to this issue?

I am using

STM32CubeProgrammer 2.9.0

ST-Link/V2

and tried several different STM32.

It works fine with ST-Link Utility, but since we want to change to controller not supported by that in future I'd need to change the programmer tool, too.

KSchu.5
Associate

I have exactly the same problem, the automatic mode does not recognize the second device.

Is this a confirmed bug?

Tested with:

STM32CubeProgrammer 2.8.0

ST-Link/V3 (Firmware V3J8M3B5S1)

ALin.10
Associate

I have exactly the same problem, the automatic mode does not recognize the second device.

Tested with:

MCU:STM32G030

STM32CubeProgrammer 2.9.0

ST-Link/V2 (Firmware V2J39S0)

Jin.Ian
Associate II

I use STM32G030. I have exactly the same problem. Stm32CubeProgrammer doesn't recognize the second device. Any solution by now?

Thanks.

CM0(+) devices can be particularly sensitive to speed.

If your interface doesn't connect NRST, a whole bunch of those methods won't be usable.

Discuss your priorities and expectations with your FAE, or sales rep.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..