cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgramer silent install.

Pneal.1
Associate

Hi,

I've 12 build and test servers to install the STM32Cubeprogrammer on.

I'm not looking forward to going this manually.

Especially as I've got to side install 2 versions.

I'd very much like to make this part of our infrastructure configuration as code (in ansible).

Is there a way to silently install the STM32Cubeprogrammer?

Pete.

P.S It will also be useful for automation prep of new start dev machines.

8 REPLIES 8
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

There are 3rd party tools that capture and analyze install process and make automated installer from that.

Whether the software publisher approves this or not (mandatory license read & agree nonsense...) is a different question.

--pa

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Pneal.1​ ,

Thanks for bringing up this interesting feedback to our attention..

I will raise this request to CubeProgrammer dev team and see how we can address this modification.

Houda

Arjo
Associate

Hey @Pneal.1​ and @Houda GHABRI​ ,

I am also very interested in what is possible. My server administrator is asking the same question. He wants to install CubeIDE through ansible.

Can you maybe give an update in its current status? I know the original question is about the programmer, but I think it applies to CubeIDE as well.

Many thanks in advance,

Arjo Poldervaart

Pneal.1
Associate

Sadly, at this time we are manually installing it. :\

I've been making choco install packages for many of our other tools. (like IAR workbench),

but simply can not for the cudeIDE.

On a side note, it does make you wonder how ST tests versions of the cudeIDE in an automated way.

Anyway, @APold.1 if your team finds an easy way, please share. 🙂

Thanks,

pete

DPhil.5
Associate

So far, I've extracted the files from the initial (Windows) executable file with WinRAR and got another Exe and a folder.

I tried just running the Exe and it doesn't appear to install.

I tried it with /qn and with /s, neither of which appear to work. I'm also interested in the answer though! I'm hopeful that there is an update.

Rden .1
Associate

I'm looking for the same possibilities for our students. I'm creating a general installer which should install STM32CubeProgrammer silently by passing the install directory somehow.

badi1
Associate III

Is there any news on this?

Pavel A.
Evangelist III