cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CUBE Programmer development is not complete!

GS2
Associate III

Instead of completing development of STM32CUBE Programmer - every one now need to follow some manual steps with unknown versions of firmware with many undefined startup addresses and even when all steps are completed with success - development board still not programmed properly - examples are not working!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

You should understand that the people here aren't the ones developing STM32Cube software, nor are they guiding its development, or responsible for it. So venting frustration and sarcasm is fine if that's what you're after, but if you want to solve a problem it's generally not the tone of a post that people want to engage with.

Generally the BLE stuff gets less support here because fewer people are using it.

Loading examples for most boards does work the way you envision. Select the example in CubeMX, hit build and run, and it works. Newer boards are generally lagging behind in support a bit.

If you present the problem a bit more objectively you might get better results. I see you posted an error message, but not the specific steps to get there. Does it compile? Can STM32CubeProgrammer connect? Any other steps you've done to debug? Things like that are useful to know in order to guide debugging. Saying an example "doesn't work" is unfortunately not descriptive enough to yield a solution. There are infinitely many ways for something not to work.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TDK
Guru

Let's examine this:

• No chip referenced.
  • No STM32CubeProgrammer version referenced.
  • No example codes referenced.
  • No error messages shown.

What response are you hoping for here? Be specific in your problem presentation if you want answers. Unlikely to be a massive bug in STM32CubeProgrammer that prevents it from working in the majority of cases, as thousands of people are actively using it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
GS2
Associate III

Sorry, I did not expect that anybody will fix it, but you are right!

1. P-NUCLEO-WB55

2. STM32CubeProgrammer API v2.16.0 | Windows-64Bits 

Corrupted.jpg

3. STM32WB_BLE_Hid and STM32WB-BLE-HID-Selfie examples.

4. All manual steps with unknown versions of firmware with many undefined startup addresses are completed with success, but development board still not programmed properly - examples are not working!!!

Programmer has all information required about the board - no need for manual steps to upgrade and update!

GS2
Associate III

5. If STM32CUBE Programmer development was complete it will be obviously integrated into STM32CubeIDE.

GS2
Associate III

6. Also, there should be something better then Tera Term integrated into STM32CubeIDE instead of Command Shell Console. I am surprised that nobody thought about all of that.

7. Imagine science fiction: 

a. connect Development board

b. select  an Example

c. press Build All

d. press Start Programming

and impossible - the board is ready for testing!!!

Your wet dreams...

🙂

GS2
Associate III

If you do not these dreams this profession will be bad for your health! 

Maybe my illusions , how things should be, more and more replaced by :

how all these things are, no matter whether I like it or not.

Just in Arduino-world its more like you expect it: choose the board and then an example for this board -

and it works. Except your board is not in the list, or too new, then - nothing works.

TDK
Guru

You should understand that the people here aren't the ones developing STM32Cube software, nor are they guiding its development, or responsible for it. So venting frustration and sarcasm is fine if that's what you're after, but if you want to solve a problem it's generally not the tone of a post that people want to engage with.

Generally the BLE stuff gets less support here because fewer people are using it.

Loading examples for most boards does work the way you envision. Select the example in CubeMX, hit build and run, and it works. Newer boards are generally lagging behind in support a bit.

If you present the problem a bit more objectively you might get better results. I see you posted an error message, but not the specific steps to get there. Does it compile? Can STM32CubeProgrammer connect? Any other steps you've done to debug? Things like that are useful to know in order to guide debugging. Saying an example "doesn't work" is unfortunately not descriptive enough to yield a solution. There are infinitely many ways for something not to work.

GS2
Associate III

Yes TDK, you are right again.

I have open the Case Number 00210278 to find out why the STM32CubeProgrammer is not working properly.  All week we are trying to find the problem and I am not sure how long it will take and that we will be able to do that.