cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 ST-Link Utility not working?

null_byte
Associate

So i installed the st-link utility from my.st.com and did all the installation but when i run it, it tells me there are some .dll files missing. Specifically, these are the errors; 1st error; "The code execution cannot proceed because mfc140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem" and the 2nd error is; "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." . So i did exactly that, uninstalled the st-link utility and installed it again but still same problem. Does anyone have the same problem and how, if you fixed it, did you do it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @null_byte, to the community!

the ST-LINK Utility is deprecated and already on NRND (Not Recommenden for New Design) anymore. Please use the STM32CubeProg instead.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @null_byte, to the community!

the ST-LINK Utility is deprecated and already on NRND (Not Recommenden for New Design) anymore. Please use the STM32CubeProg instead.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.