cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB10CC not programming on custom hardware

nmartini
Associate II

I designed a custom PCB. It is designed to be used in a remote control car I want to make/to control a BLDC motor and servo wirelessly or through a potentiometer.

When I attempt to program the microcontroller (connecting through STLINKV3) it seems to connect fine, and I am able to read the flash and option bytes. When I try to program a file, it fails with error "Error: failed to erase memory", except for one time where two blocks were written (see image) [the data is correct in the first but in the second only the 1 is correct].

I have attempted in every combination of software/hardware/core reset in CubeProgrammer, and have read various other community posts, with no success. 

I'm not quite too sure where to go from here, whether it is a hardware issue or a software configuration issue.

I have attached the Altium design files as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

nmartini_0-1716614990108.png

4 REPLIES 4
Maryem
ST Employee

Hello @nmartini,

Thank you for providing a detailed description of your issue. Could you please attach the binary file that you're trying to download and the log showing the error message you're encountering ?

Thank you in advance !

Maryem.

Hi Maryem,

Please find attached.

Thanks,

Nick

Maryem
ST Employee

Hello @nmartini,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Despite reviewing the files you've provided, I was unable to reproduce the issue on my end. Could you please share the current configuration of your option bytes?

Thank you for your patience and cooperation !

Maryem.

Hi @Maryem,

I have attached screenshots of the option bytes as I couldn't see a way to save as text. I have been unable to change any of them as well so this is how they have been configured since I received it.

Thanks,

Nick