cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 cube programmer locks in automatic mode

Alex. M
Associate

Automatic mode works fine just to download binaries to the MCU.
If It try to set option bytes read out protection to BB afterwards, the software will lock.
It displays:

15:20:13 : UPLOADING OPTION BYTES DATA ...
15:20:13 : Bank : 0x00
15:20:13 : Address : 0x40023c14
15:20:13 : Size : 4 Bytes
15:20:13 : PROGRAMMING OPTION BYTES AREA ...

And stays on this state forever, If I click "Stop automatic mode" it displays:

15:21:55 : aborting on going operation...
15:21:55 : Disconnected from device.

But it won't work normally. All the features related to non-automatic operation will remain disabled. The only way to bring it back is closing it, and opening it again.

When I change the option bytes manually, it works fine.

The string I used to set the read out protection is -ob RDP=BB

Is there anything else I should do ?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Alex. M ,

Sorry for the delayed reply on this, as we need to reproduce the behavior.

I suggest using "-ob RDP=0xBB" instead of "-ob RDP=BB". This should resolve the issue.

Request for the tool to detect automatically the invalid value is escalated to development team for working in internal Ticket ID 162579. Also, wrong displayed flash size issue is reported to fix in internal Ticket ID 162318.

(PS: ID 162579 and 162318 are an internal tracking number and are not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you for your patience while we work on this.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Alex. M and welcome to the Community 🙂

Which CubeProgrammer version used? which hardware?

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Alex. M ,

We are not able to reproduce the issue with STM32CubeProgrammer v2.14 and using different devices.

Can you please provide more details about your hardware and CubeProgrammer version used?

This will help us to understand and reproduce the case.

Imen

Thanks
Imen

Windows 11.
STM32CubeProgrammer v.2.14.0
MCU: STM32F407VET

I'm using a ST-LINK with the following configuration:
Port SWD 4000KHz
Normal mode, aceess port 0, software reset, Reliable speed, not shared.
Firware version V2J37S7.

I just noticed that the target information about my MCU says:

Type: MCU, Device ID: 0x413 (I don't know what it means), Revision ID 2.0, Flash Size: 1MB, CPU: Cortex-M4, Bootloader Version: 0x31

The problem is that my flash size is 512KB. Maybe the hanging issue is related to this difference.

Hi @Alex. M ,

Sorry for the delayed reply on this, as we need to reproduce the behavior.

I suggest using "-ob RDP=0xBB" instead of "-ob RDP=BB". This should resolve the issue.

Request for the tool to detect automatically the invalid value is escalated to development team for working in internal Ticket ID 162579. Also, wrong displayed flash size issue is reported to fix in internal Ticket ID 162318.

(PS: ID 162579 and 162318 are an internal tracking number and are not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you for your patience while we work on this.

Imen

Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Alex. M ,

This issue is fixed in the latest release of STM32CubeProgrammer (V2.16.0) released under ST page web.

Please allow me to close this thread and thank you again for having reported this.

Thanks
Imen