cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing STM32CubeProgrammer on Raspberry Pi

Ah.1
Associate II

We've been succesfully using stm32flash in the past to flash our STM32 MCU that are attached to Raspberry Pi servers (no desktop or X). As we moved on to STM32G0 it seems that stm32flash is no longer working and we are forced to use STM32CubeProg to flash our firmware.

Is it possible to install STM32CubeProg on a) ARM such as RPI, b) server with no desktop?

To begin with, the installation instructions require the installation of OpenJFX which is not relevant (nor possible, in lieu of X) in this case, we intend to use only the CLI interface through scripts that perform the flashing.

Then, trying to run the installation script on the RPI fails since the provided installation binary is for x86.

34 REPLIES 34
JKo
Associate III

More than 2 years on with no progress.

Let's vote on this so the powers that be at ST may actually take this more seriously and do something about it.

https://community.st.com/s/idea/0873W000000fxozQAA/detail

Is it so complicated to cross compile this for ARM?

I'll even do the work if it means signing an NDA to obtain the source to build it myself.

occam25
Associate II

Same here!

Ah.1
Associate II

I cannot vote for this suggestion without understanding what are the prerequisites for STM32_Programmer_CLI as it is not open source. Anyhow, my vote was done already in a much simpler way - since I've opened this thread we've removed ST microcontrollers from ALL our designs.

Did you plan allow installing Cube software on Singe Board Computers like STM32MP157F-DK2 or Raspberry Pi now? @Houda GHABRI​ 

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hello dungeonlords789,

For the short/medium term there are no plans to support CubeProgrammer on Raspberry, sorry I don't have a confirmed date when it will be done.

Houda

We no longer use any ST microcontrollers due to your bad practice of abandoning a capability on which we relied in previous versions of our product.

We no longer use any ST microcontrollers due to your bad practice of abandoning a capability on which we relied in previous versions of our product.

Is it possible to let somebody from the community to build the linux version of STM32_Programmer_CLI for ARM? Under NDA?

If dependency on Qt library is a problem, we can remove it, as nothing from Qt is necessary for a non-GUI program.

i use openOCD with the raspberry and the stlink, it works flawlessly

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

Yes, that's what we ended up doing. Much better to use open tools and avoid vendor lock-in. Thanks!