cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing STM32CubeProgrammer on Raspberry Pi

Ah.1
Associate II

We've been succesfully using stm32flash in the past to flash our STM32 MCU that are attached to Raspberry Pi servers (no desktop or X). As we moved on to STM32G0 it seems that stm32flash is no longer working and we are forced to use STM32CubeProg to flash our firmware.

Is it possible to install STM32CubeProg on a) ARM such as RPI, b) server with no desktop?

To begin with, the installation instructions require the installation of OpenJFX which is not relevant (nor possible, in lieu of X) in this case, we intend to use only the CLI interface through scripts that perform the flashing.

Then, trying to run the installation script on the RPI fails since the provided installation binary is for x86.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi ,

It is not possible for the moment to install STM32CubeProgrammer on ARM processor.

There is plan to do it but unfortunately not in the near future.

regards,

Houda

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
olivier
Associate III

Hi,

I would also definitely like to see an ARM version of STM32CubeProgrammer (at least the CLI) that would run on Raspberry Pi (and STM32MP1).

@Khouloud GARSI​ @Nawres GHARBI​ is this something we can hope for in the near future?

Thanks

Olivier

AMiro.2
Associate

This is needed for me as well

TJaku.1
Associate II

We would also like to use STM32_Programmer_CLI on Raspberry Pi.

KChud.1
Associate II

HI,

I need in my some projects raspberry pi needs to program the stm32, so please provide some help for this.

CLI version is sufficient , please help me in this.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi ,

It is not possible for the moment to install STM32CubeProgrammer on ARM processor.

There is plan to do it but unfortunately not in the near future.

regards,

Houda

Thank you for prompt response.

Is there any other way or any cli file that I installed in raspberry and make this done?

AMiro.2
Associate

Try openocd. It works for me well.​

Hi, @AMiro.2​ 

I tried the openocd and its working for me. but stuck in RDP level 2 protection, can you please guide me how to add level 2 protection using openocd ? ​ 

Hi Houda,

is there a solution for future Mac with ARM processors?

regards

Paul