cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDCAN Bootloader in STM32G474RCT6

Sri_Nishanth
Associate II

I am using STM32G474RCT6 microcontroller, I want perform firmware upgrade through CAN communication. But my controller doesn't provide the feature of Firmware upgrade through CAN communication.

Sri_Nishanth_0-1701082492037.png

is there any possibility to use CAN communication for firmware upgradation in my controller.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Sri_Nishanth

According to AN2606, FDCAN bootloader is not supported on G4 series. An internal ticket is submitted to update the AN5405

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Sri_Nishanth

According to AN2606, FDCAN bootloader is not supported on G4 series. An internal ticket is submitted to update the AN5405

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Sri_Nishanth
Associate II

Hello @FBL

There is a requirement to update firmware using CAN only.

What other options are available to use this apart from designing a custom bootloader ?

Hello again, @Sri_Nishanth 

Check the following example using OpenBootloader

STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.5.1\Projects\STM32G474E-EVAL\Applications\OpenBootloader