cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Cube Programmer CLI - Device Listing Command Bug

MRKIV
Visitor

Hi,

I have been trying to integrate JLINK-SWD, USART, FDCAN and USB DFU interfaces for Open Bootloader for STM32G473 Device, with the STM_Programmer_CLI.exe on Windows (Latest - V2.17.0 64-Bit)  and when I prompt to list out the communication interfaces available below are the observations:

1. In case there is no ST-Link Device Connected, there is no listing of the UART Ports. (as show below)

Figure 1 - UART Ports not listed - No ST-Link ConnectedFigure 1 - UART Ports not listed - No ST-Link Connected

COM3 is detected in Device Manager - 

UART COM Port detected on device managerUART COM Port detected on device manager

2. In case there is ST-Link Device Connected, then the UART Ports are listed.

MRKIV_2-1727447379043.png

3.This issue is not present in the STM32 Cube Programmer GUI, on refresh the UART Ports update in the GUI Drop-Down.

MRKIV_4-1727447532652.png

4. With V2.13.0 the issue still persisted same as earlier.

V2.13.0 LogV2.13.0 Log

5. In order to verify the issue, installed STM32 Cube Programmer (V2.6.0). And in this version the issue is not present, But since it is an older version I am assuming that the J-Link Interface features are not integrated (J-Link Devices were not listed).   

MRKIV_6-1727449657666.png

For the time being making do with the work-around of connecting ST-LINKV2 in parallel with the UART devices and also hard-coding the COM Port in the prompt, when the ST-LINK is un-available. 

Tried to connect and run some BSL Commands, and it is working fine with the hard coded parameters.

Looking for some pointers / work-arounds / solutions on how to resolve this issue the right way, so that the dynamic listing of the interfaces is possible.

Please do let me know if any further information is required.

Thank you! 

MRKIV
0 REPLIES 0