cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFU mode read out protection

Draxter
Associate

Hello, 

I am trying to connect to the STM32F072C8T6 microcontroller via USB in the STM32CubeProgrammer, however I am getting:

"Device is under read out protection ! If you want to disable RDP please reconnect with Read Unprotect enabled"

Draxter_0-1717577911683.png

So, when I check the Read Unprotect (MCU) checkbox, I get:

"Please Power off Power on your device."

Draxter_1-1717578006569.png

After turning the power off/on, I see the same messages. I cannot connect to the MCU via USB in the STM32CubeProgrammer.

I have tried different versions of STM32CubeProgrammer:

• v2.16.0
  • v2.15.0
  • v.2.13.0
  • v.2.10.0
  • v.2.8.0

Moreover I tried on second computer with Windows 11 and I have the same issue.

I'm trying to connect my custom board, but I also checked another hardware board (BluePill ) with the same STM32F072C8T6 MCU and it doesn't work either.

Interestingly, using the DFU-util v0.8 program I can connect to the MCU and successfully read/write memory:

Draxter_1-1717580537175.png

Draxter_0-1717580509580.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amine_Jridi
ST Employee

Hello @Draxter 

Regarding this issue, we are aware of it and it's currently under investigation.

Internal ticket number: 171192 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

As a workaround, we suggest connecting your MCU using a HUB instead of plugging it directly into the PC.

Thanks,

Amine.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Amine_Jridi
ST Employee

Hello @Draxter 

Regarding this issue, we are aware of it and it's currently under investigation.

Internal ticket number: 171192 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

As a workaround, we suggest connecting your MCU using a HUB instead of plugging it directly into the PC.

Thanks,

Amine.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Draxter
Associate

@Amine_Jridi thank you. Connecting the board to an external USB HUB solves the problem.

Draxter_0-1718344291502.png

We are unable to understand what is root cause. Why use a USB HUB instead of a direct connection to a computer?