cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection trial over DFU, fails to connect and resets the device. Bootloader checked and compared with other devices.

NMich.3
Associate

I have attached the log output of the Programmer. Device enters DFU mode correctly and it is being recognised by windows but as soon as a connection attempt is done, the device resets after some time. Any way that I can debug the bootloader code and check what is going wrong?

The chip used is : STM32F401CCU6

And the binary available on the System memory is attached below which might tell what version it is.

Edit:

1- Added the chip version

2- Attached the hex of the system memory

3 REPLIES 3
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @NMich.3​,

Could you specify the part number as well as the bootloader version of your device ?

Thanks,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @NMich.3​ 

The forum moderator had marked your post as needing a little more investigation and direct support. An online support case has been created on your behalf, please stand by for just a moment and you will hear from us.

Regards,

Billy

NMich.3
Associate

I've not flashed the bootloader my self. Is there a way to get the version of it out from the Stm32Programmer?

When I compare the flash addresses from the System memory with another device where DFU mode functions correctly, there is not difference.

I would also like to mention that programming the device over JTAG works just fine.