cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] STM32CubeProgrammer v2.10.0 outputs a bunch of pop-up messages in automatic mode

fronders
Senior

Hi!

I'm using STM32CubeProgrammer v2.10.0 under Windows 10 Pro 21H2 x64 (Build 19044.1766) and when starting to flash devices in automatic mode, CubeProgrammer flashes normally the 1st device with messages only in the log, but starting with 2nd and further it outputs not only the log, but also a bunch of pop-up messages such as "Download verified successfully", "File download complete" etc. See the screenshot below.

They all stackup on top of each other and it's impossible to use the software unless you close them all. One can certainly hold the Enter key to close them all really fast, but it is still very annoying.

0693W00000Ns5g4QAB.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @fronders​,

Thank you for your feedback,

This is a known issue and has already been reported internally. It will be fixed as soon as possible. It occurs when using the automatic mode with ST-LINK/V3.

Internal ticket number: 130077 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Best regards,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @fronders​,

Thank you for your feedback,

This is a known issue and has already been reported internally. It will be fixed as soon as possible. It occurs when using the automatic mode with ST-LINK/V3.

Internal ticket number: 130077 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Best regards,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
fronders
Senior

Hello, @Aziz BRIGUI​ 

it has been 6 months and CubeProgrammer v2.12.0 still has same issue, can you please share an update when this will be fixed?

Hello @fronders​,

I apologize for the inconvenience,

The bug still persists due to the fact that it is not considered as a "blocking" issue. For automated programming, I suggest using the STM32CubeProgrammer API or CLI (batch files). For now, the automatic programming GUI feature unfortunately still shows some limitations.

If you encounter any issues or if you have any questions regarding CLI/API use, feel free to post them in the community. Me or one of the community members will make sure to provide answers.

I will share with you the updates as soon as possible.

Aziz

Piranha
Chief II

Another possibly related issue. The device used was STM32L432KBU6 connected by System bootloader in USB mode and "Verify programming" and "Run after programming" was enabled. When both processes complete and the programmed device runs, it immediately enters Standby mode, which is the intended behavior. Because of that the CubeProgrammer looses the connection - that is OK. But at this point the CubeProgrammer also freezes completely with no GUI controls or graphics reacting - that is definitely a bug.

Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @Piranha​,

Yes this seems to be a bug, however I don't think this is related.

I suggest posting separately in order to follow the one issue per thread rule (just to be more organized). In the meantime, I will try to reproduce on my side.

Also, if you could please PM me the new thread link once created, that would be really helpful.

Aziz