cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bricked H7A3ZI, solid red LD4, computer connects, but STLink doesn't

gatlace
Associate II

I bought this thing two days ago. I connected it to CubeIDE, it said "newer firmware", and... bricked. If I plug it into windows, CubeProgrammer will show the serial number(sometimes), but still won't connect. In Linus, STLink GUI can see and connect to it, but CubeProgrammer can't. I've already set BT0 high.

Is my board bricked?

4 REPLIES 4

Have you used a jumper for BT0 and cycled the power twice? ie completely disconnected from all sources.

W​hat messages exactly is STM32 Cube Programmer reporting?

After erasing, make sure all LDO/SMPS settings are correct. ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

This is what I have right now.

If cycling the power is unplugging everything, waiting, and plugging it back in, I've done that like 40 times in the past 24 hours lol

STMCubeProgrammer is saying "No STLink found". I'll unplug it, plug it back in, and it'll show the serial number. Press connect and I get this:

17:09:48 : ST-LINK error (DEV_USB_COMM_ERR)
  17:09:48 : Error: Problem occured while trying to connect

( it crashes a LOT, by the way)

I haven't even gotten that far to mess with settings like LDO and stuff. I'm pretty sure all the pins that need to be jumped are jumped in the correct spot(you can see the whole board in the first pic)

Yes,

0693W00000QN8qPQAT.jpgST-LINK errors like this are more likely to come from issues with low quality cables,use of hubs or docking stations.

Lot of low quality micro USB cables, good for charging, perhaps 12 Mbps operation, not good for 480 Mbps.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

So I plugged in a cable and it was just slow blinking red, which according to the manual means "power on before usb initialization" so that's what a bad quality cable looks like, I guess.

Still much of the same behavior, unfortunately.