cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.8.0 Installation Error.

Eric Z.
Associate II

Hello All,

I was trying to install the 2.8.0 version on my laptop. Below is my system info.

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎2020-‎09-‎12

OS build 19042.1165

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Once the installer reaches the overall progress 3/3, it throws me an error window that is shown attached.

0693W00000DpqRNQAZ.jpg Then I close this window, it pops up another one that shows detailed error codes, etc. Please see below:

com.izforge.izpack.api.exception.IzPackException: An error occured

• in java.lang.Thread.run() at Thread.java:748
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.run() at UnpackerBase.java:241
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack() at UnpackerBase.java:319

Caused by: com.izforge.izpack.api.exception.InstallerException: File execution failed

• in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack() at UnpackerBase.java:299
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack() at UnpackerBase.java:483
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.executeFiles() at UnpackerBase.java:959

The installer will exit by itself and restart the installation process.

I had tried to install the latest JRE, JDK but no luck so far.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Eric Z.​ and welcome to the Community :)

Are you installing CubeProgrammer with admin rights?

If no, please install it by clicking right on installer file then "Run as asdministartor"?

Otherwise, it can be due to the conflicts between Java versions.

So, if you have many java versions installed try to uninstall all and keep the latest version. Then re-install STM32CubeProgrammer.

Hope my answer helps you. Please keep me informed about your progress on this issue.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Eric Z.
Associate II

Hello Imen,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I did try run it as admin, but no luck. Same errors.

I just double check my Java, and I found following versions have been installed:

Do you know which one should I keep?

THanks.

In fact, there is no need to install any Java™ SE Run Time Environment since version 2.6.0 of STM32CubeProgrammer.

The STM32CubeProgrammer runs with a bundled JRE available within the downloaded package and no longer with the one installed on your machine.

Note: The bundled JRE is Liberica 8.0.265.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

I just uninstalled all the Javas on my PC and tried it again. But the same error remains. : (