cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to locate examples!!

BitBanger46
Associate III

I just installed the STM32CubeMX IDE and the packages for the STM32F7xx MCU. (I have used IDE's from IAR, Atmel and other sources for decades.) Unlike other IDE's, it appears that the current version of the STM32CubeMX does not contain any example projects!! In a previous post, there were instructions to click on Help -> Updater Settings. On my version of the IDE, there is no Updater Settings menu item. I would appreciate any help to locate the example projects.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

By default, STM32CubeMX stores the repository here when it downloads it:

C:\Users\USERNAME\STM32Cube\Repository

So for example, F7 examples can be found here:

C:\Users\USERNAME\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0\Projects

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III
TDK
Guru

By default, STM32CubeMX stores the repository here when it downloads it:

C:\Users\USERNAME\STM32Cube\Repository

So for example, F7 examples can be found here:

C:\Users\USERNAME\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0\Projects

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
BitBanger46
Associate III

Your answer was incredibly useful!! I was able to locate the examples with no problem. My only wish is that this valuable information would be more prominently displayed in the STMicroelectronics documentation for the demonstration/evaluation boards and for the STMCubeMX IDE!! I know from other postings and comments on line that I am not the first user to encounter this problem. In any event, thank you so much for your help!!