cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no Advanced Parameters tab on the Ethernet

MrEmou
Associate II

Hello. I'm trying to use Ethernet MAC with external PHY (LAN8720) but when I try to configure the Ethernet on the IOC there is no Advanced Parameters tab (STM32F407VGT6). HAL Lib. version is 1.27.1. I tried a few things but I had no luck. I think I'm missing something but couldn't figure out what. If you could take a look, It would be so helpful. Thanks in advance.

0693W00000bhMLPQA2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @MrEmou​ 

Yes , it was possible to choose a User Phy , other than the two ST provides.

Actually the absence of this option in the cubeMX 6.8.0 "USER PHY" is an issue already reported to the development team and tracked by the Ticket 146949 and that will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thx

Ghofrane

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @MrEmou​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

Actually , you need also to activate the LWIP and then go to Platform settings and choose your external phy as shown in the screenshot

0693W00000bhPphQAE.pngThx

Ghofrane

Thank you for the response @Ghofrane GSOURI​ 

I believe that this is caused by the reworking of the Ethernet library.

However when I look at the old IOC configuration, it was possible to setup a different PHY, other than the two ST provides.

I want to use LAN8720 but there isn't a solution for that. Is there another way for using another PHYs?

Also do you know if there any Ethernet examples for the new library?

Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @MrEmou​ 

Yes , it was possible to choose a User Phy , other than the two ST provides.

Actually the absence of this option in the cubeMX 6.8.0 "USER PHY" is an issue already reported to the development team and tracked by the Ticket 146949 and that will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thx

Ghofrane

I am using cubeMX 6.9.2 and advanced tab is still not there

Can you propose some workaround to setup the different PHY than those supported by cube?

Thx

David