cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The instructions in UM1718 Rev 37 Chapter 15, page 292 compatible processors is running for 4 hours and is only 50% done.

KiptonM
Lead

I have STM32CubeIDE 1.9.0 and I am editing the .ioc.

In the Pinout & Configuration Tab I right click and select List Pinout Compatible MCUs

It starts runningand running and running. Last night I let it run all night and it said it was 8% and there was a red message Running Low Memory.

I rebooted the computer and reran it. After 4 hours it is at 50% and I got the Running Low Memory and it appears to have stopped.

See attached screen shot. Error1.png

My computer has 32 GB RAM and nothing else was running. The Task manager says 1,559.6 MB of memory is being used. I put the process priority from normal to above normal, and that did not make a difference. It says I am using a total of 7.2 of 31.8 GB (23%) of memory.

I want to change the processor in my code from a STM32G031K6T to a STM32G051K8T and I was careful to use only three timers that were in both chips. Everything else was compatible. UM1718 Chapter 15 told me how to do it. I have to keep it in the same directory for git.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there,

This is a known issue which was first reported in this thread. Please let me know if the description in that thread is similar to the issue you are experiencing.

I wrote a ticket for the problem at that time and looking at its updates a fix seems to be integrated into the next release of STM32CubeIDE which should be in a few days time, very soon!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there,

This is a known issue which was first reported in this thread. Please let me know if the description in that thread is similar to the issue you are experiencing.

I wrote a ticket for the problem at that time and looking at its updates a fix seems to be integrated into the next release of STM32CubeIDE which should be in a few days time, very soon!

KiptonM
Lead

It looks like the same.

I have been having so many problems with the current MX program I am going to see how to load an older version. This version is a POS.

I used to have no problems with UART transmit DMA. Now it does not work. The proper generated code is just not there in this version. They broke working code.

I have deadlines and I do not expect the tools to stop working.