cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STM32U575ZI-Q] Not able to set the USB OTG FS. The option(USBX) is disabled in the middleware section of CubeMx for USB OTG FS.

pkulk.1
Associate II

I am trying to set up USB OTG FS as CDC(virtual com port). For the other Nucleo board (Nucleo F746ZG) I was able to set it up in middleware section of CubeMx GUI.

With the STM32U575ZI-Q board, the option(USBX) is disabled. Also, in the device manager or computer, the port is not recognized. I am using C-type USB to USB-A also tried with C-type to C-type.

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You've probably set USB_OTG_FS > OTG/Dual_Role_Device, correct?

Have you also activated ThreadX > Core, because this is required for USBX (also shown in the pop-up)?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
pkulk.1
Associate II

@Peter BENSCH​ I am setting it to Device only mode. I have not activated ThreadX>Core.

The middleware USBX, like ThreadX, is part of Azure and includes both host and device, which is why ThreadX > Core is required.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
pkulk.1
Associate II

@Peter BENSCH​ What could be the reason for the port is not being detected and not shown in Device MAnager? I tried C-type to USB-A and Ctype to C-type.

Of course, the USB device can only be recognised if the USB port is active and supported by software.

Regards

/Peter

pkulk.1
Associate II

@Peter BENSCH​ Okay, I have activated the ThreadX and set the USBX. and I can see the board as a device, not as a com port(in Device Manager)(image attached).

Could you please show me how to do a simple TX and RX using USBX?

Prakash_Raj1994
Associate II

Hi pkulk,

did you get solution for USB CDC transmit and receive ?

regards,

prakash