cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U5 ADF in LPBAM Mode

SShai.3
Associate II

I want to use STM32U5 ADF in LPBAM Mode, I can't see the ADF option in the CUBE MX LPBAM design configuration. I want to use ADF in stop 2 mode with LPDMA and SRAM4 I have the ready code for ADF and LPDMA I wish to operate them in LPBAM Mode. 

6 REPLIES 6
Aime
ST Employee

Hi @SShai.3​ ,

Thank you for sharing this issue, the U5 series is one of our brand new family product and it is important to have your feedback to improve our ecosystem 🙂 .

Can you tell me which STM32U5 and CubeMX version are you using?

Best Regards,

A.MVE

SShai.3
Associate II

I am using NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q Board

STM32CUBE Mx Version: 6.8.0

I have attached the image below for your reference as you can see there is no ADF option in LPBAM Configuration.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bi35FQAQ.png 

Hi @SShai.3​ ,

Yes the 6.8.0 is the latest CubeMX version, thank you for noticing this issue.

I will transmit it to the ecosystem team, it will be fixed on the next CubeMX release.

Thank you !

A.MVE

SShai.3
Associate II

So can you assist how can i go forward?

As the ADF option is not present in CUBE MX LPBAM Config. How should I generate the startup code for ADF in LPBAM Mode?

I am not getting drivers also for the same.

Hello,

It's been almost a year since SShai.3 reported the issue of the missing ADF peripheral in the CubeMX LPBAM configurator. As of STM32CubeMX version 6.10.0, the ADF1 peripheral is still missing. Is there a limitation in the STM32U5 hardware that is preventing this feature from being implemented? Is there any example code that I could follow to get ADF1 working with LPDMA in STOP MODE 0 and higher?

Thank you for your time and best regards,

Rob

coppercrimp
Associate III

Anyone out there have information on getting the ADF peripheral working in stop mode with LPBAM? I'd really like to get this figured out. Thanks!