cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H750B-DK setup the BSP folder through the .ioc file

Bxy
Associate II

Hi,
I am following a course (for a different STM board) to use the LCD touchscreen of the STM32H750B-DK board. In the course, they have added a BSP folder to their project which includes files such as are seen here: STMicroelectronics/stm32h750b-dk-bsp: Provides the STM32H750B-DK board driver, part of the STM32Cube BSP Component for STM32H7 series. (github.com).
When I tried to add these files and the required components folders to my BSP folder I realized that the conf.h files in the components folders have been replaced with conf_template.h files (probably so that we would set up our own settings for those components). I am thereby wondering if there is a way for me to set up and generate all of these BSP files and folders through the GUI in the .ioc file of my project.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

As stated by @Semer CHERNI , there is a restricted list of board for the moment that the GUI supports them.

In your case, you can do it manually.

1. Add BSP folder manually in your project folder and,
  2. Create a file named ".extSettings" (with a dot at the beginning) in the same level as your .ioc file and add what you want on it in term of source file or include path.

Example of content of STM32F769I-Discovery board I've already used to add BSP:

[ProjectFiles]
HeaderPath=../Drivers/BSP/Components/Common
[Groups]
Drivers/BSP/Components=../Drivers/BSP/Components/otm8009a/otm8009a.c;../Drivers/BSP/Components/ft6x06/ft6x06.c;../Drivers/BSP/Components/wm8994/wm8994.c;
Drivers/BSP/STM32F769I-Discovery=../Drivers/BSP/STM32F769I-Discovery/stm32f769i_discovery.c;../Drivers/BSP/STM32F769I-Discovery/stm32f769i_discovery_audio.c;

Does this answers your question?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Bxy 

First let me thank you for posting.

The BSP could be used with STM32CubeMX to initialize the board in few Borads and only with Leds, user buttons and VirtualCom.

This is the list of supported boards: Nucleo-C031C6, Nucleo-U5A5ZJ-Q, Nucleo-H563, NUCLEO-U031R8, NUCLEO-U073RC, NUCLEO-H533RE and NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q.

BR,
Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

As stated by @Semer CHERNI , there is a restricted list of board for the moment that the GUI supports them.

In your case, you can do it manually.

1. Add BSP folder manually in your project folder and,
  2. Create a file named ".extSettings" (with a dot at the beginning) in the same level as your .ioc file and add what you want on it in term of source file or include path.

Example of content of STM32F769I-Discovery board I've already used to add BSP:

[ProjectFiles]
HeaderPath=../Drivers/BSP/Components/Common
[Groups]
Drivers/BSP/Components=../Drivers/BSP/Components/otm8009a/otm8009a.c;../Drivers/BSP/Components/ft6x06/ft6x06.c;../Drivers/BSP/Components/wm8994/wm8994.c;
Drivers/BSP/STM32F769I-Discovery=../Drivers/BSP/STM32F769I-Discovery/stm32f769i_discovery.c;../Drivers/BSP/STM32F769I-Discovery/stm32f769i_discovery_audio.c;

Does this answers your question?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.