cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745 FDCAN Clock Frequency

jgauthier
Senior

Greetings,

I've been using FDCAN on STM32G0B boards at 64Mhz. I'm trying to configure an STM32H745 and it seems that the maximum clock frequency for FDCAN is 50MHz?

0693W00000Nqmk3QAB.png 

50Mhz itself is a very strange frequency and bitrates cannot be solved well using this frequency.

With some clock tweaking I was able to get it to 48Mhz. But I wasn't able to send/receive on my FDCAN network (I'm not sure if that is related)

Just looking for some thoughts on that. I am going to try 32Mhz next.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

This is where to choose the voltage scale in CubeMx:

0693W00000NqrI4QAJ.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

According the pop-up you provided, I think you're in VOS3.

According to the reference manual RM399 rev3/Table 61 Kernel clock distribution overview, FDCAN kernel clock should not exceed 50MHz when the voltage scale is in VOS3:

0693W00000NqrFyQAJ.pngSo in order to have higher kernel frequency for FDCAN please select higher Voltage scale in RCC menu and choose the right system frequency that matches your voltage scale.

Also be careful about choosing the timing parameters. Please refer to this thread.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SofLit
ST Employee

This is where to choose the voltage scale in CubeMx:

0693W00000NqrI4QAJ.png

jgauthier
Senior

Ah, thank you! I was able to set this to VOS2, and set the frequency to 64Mhz. Now communication is working.

SofLit
ST Employee

Thank you for the feedback.

Could you please mark the answer that resolved your issue by selecting "Select as best". This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you.