cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 CPU speed increase

simonellwood9171
Associate II

I have just realized, that the CPU speed of the STM32H7 series has increased from 400 MHz to 480 MHz, on the ST website and in the documents.

The STM32MUX clock tool, doesn't though know about this yet.

I have not been able to find any info on, if this is some new measurements, so that this speed increase affects all revisions of the STM32H7's, or if this only affects the newer revisions.

Has anybody stumbled upon this information somewhere?

25 REPLIES 25

This is for the new rev.V of the 'H743/753/750 silicon. See my latest post in https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AaZACJSQ4/which-silicon-revision-code-is-actually-in-production-for-the-stm32h7-family . It's all in the DS/RM.

JW

You know you can just change the PLL setting in SystemClock_Config(), right?

Current parts can run at 500 MHz if pushed.

Documentation for 480 MHz relates to V Step silicon only.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you very much for that information! Then I will not try this with the rev. Y's!

Yes, but my concern is, if it is then stable. I need my instruments to be as stable as possible. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

MikeDB
Lead

All the ones I have are rev Y :(

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hello @simonellwood9171​ ,

• I have just realized, that the CPU speed of the STM32H7 series has increased from 400 MHz to 480 MHz, on the ST website and in the documents.

-> Correct! The STM32H7 in new silicon revision V could reach the 480 MHz. 

• The STM32MUX clock tool, doesn't though know about this yet.

-> The new revision of the STM32CubeMX tool will be updated accordingly and the new reached frequency will be mentioned there (could be configured using the tool).

Khouloud.

Dear @MikeDB​ ,

New silicon revision V fixes the major limitations identified on revision Y. In case you think to migrate to the new revision, I advise you to have a look on AN5312, it shows the differences to take in consideration when migrating from one revision to another.

Link to AN:

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group1/95/22/7c/0c/57/de/4b/f9/DM00609692/files/DM00609692.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00609692.pdf

Khouloud.

All my suppliers are still shipping Rev Y. When will rev V be on general availability ? Can I get a sample of rev V H750 in the meantime to check my software still works correctly ?

Are there any ways to make sure, to NOT get the rev. V?

We already have shipped a lot of musical instruments out with the Rev. Y. We can't just change the firmware at this moment...