cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX into stm32CubeIDE is very slow work!!!

kshin.111
Associate III

hi 😀

i tested several version of stm32CubeIDE for this,

cubeMX inside stm32CubeIDE, is very slow working(exp: change pin name)

but standalone stm32CubeMX, is normal work.

Is there a solution to this? :\

#stm32CubeIDE #stm32CubeMX #stm32CubeMX😍

8 REPLIES 8
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Please share your OS and hardware characteristics of your host. STM32CubeIDE is integrated proposal collecting lot of tools so for sure is requiring more memory at least ...​

kshin.111
Associate III

🙂

win10 64 bit, cpu corei7-7700k, ram 16 GB.

i don't think problem of memory or other hardware.

you not problem with stm32cubeMX inside to stm32cubeIDE for work (exp: change pin name)?

RBacu.1
Associate

I have the same problem on a laptop with windows 10 x64, with SSD, i7 and 16 GB of RAM. Standalone STM32Cume MX run fast. The CubeMX inside CubeIDE is extremely slow. I've tried several times to reinstall STM32CubeIDE, with different versions, and it hasn't changed at all. The only solution I found is to use STM32CubeIDE on Linux. The strange thing is that on a friend's computer with a similar configuration it works well. I don't know if this is related to the fact that I use an external 4k monitor, I will test it without the external monitor. Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution?

@RBacu.1​  have you access to remote servers ? Please confirm you've proper access to Eclipse market place to validate such Help > Eclipse Market Place

Trying to figure out if some check for update background process may lead to such trouble.

PBous.1
Associate

I've had the same issue (10 seconds to change a pin from input to output...) with my W10 x64 system and the solution was to uninstall the java runtime on my system. I think STM32CubeIde has its own java machine and in my case my java runtime was used intead of the java machine which com with the IDE installation?

I'm not a java expert but the fix is working.

If a java expert has an idea?

@PBous.1​  Yes STM32CubeIDE is promoting its own JRE. So whatever the one setup on our system STM32CubeIDE is taking its own one. Such is helping in theory predictable behavior whatever your local setup / host.

JRE setup is mastered as part of stm32cubeide.ini file.

Such said, is some global system JRE setup (system variable, ...) may be applied to tool bundled one at runtime ?

Please could you share what was our JRE setup prior uninstall (provider (Oracle, AdoptOpenJDK, Liberica, ...), version, ...) ?

Please share too your STM32CubeIDE version.

JHöfl.1
Associate II

Is there a solution to this Problem by now? I need Java on my system alswell and can't unsinstall it.

I run Win10 and have Oracles JDK 16 installed.

My CubeIDE is version 1.7.0