cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX generated project for Atollic 'Release' build bug

kurta999
Senior

If you generate a project for Atollic and try to use it's Release build configuration, Atollic will show a warning in project settings:

"Orphaned configuration. No base extension cfg exists for com.atollic.truestudio.exe.release.1518366166"

You can reproduce this with a clear project, it happens every time. I'm working with STM MCU's for a year, and inbuilt Release configuration always showing this error.

15 REPLIES 15

I know that I can fix it, but that doesn't matter. It's still a bug which needs to be fixed.

alister
Lead
Markus Rudolf
Associate II

Yeah commented there too. The support is missing a proper bug tracking system where you can directly report bugs, it gets a ticket ID and you get informed when its fixed.

kurta999
Senior

It is fixed in CubeMX 5.2.0. Could somebody else confirm this?

Markus Rudolf
Associate II

0690X000008AxOeQAK.pngIt works but it kills any custom settings made in the Post-Build steps. as I use this to calculate a checksum and make a flashable Image for the target here, I consider this still as a bug and highly annoying.

CubeMX shall not touch this line when generating / regenerating code.

Confirming fixed for NEW projects. Generated code from an existing project still shows the problem. At least there's a path. I am using this opportunity to check out the new STM32CubeIDE.