cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX fails to generate a project for STM32CubeIDE.

STomm.2
Associate

Hello everyone.

For some days I have been trying to solve a problem that occurs in CubeMX when generating the code for STM32CubeIDE. I state the following:

1) The error occurs both when starting from a new project (from STM32CubeMX or STM32CubeIDE) and when importing an already made one.

2) The error occurs only with the generation of the code for STM32CubeIDE, while with all the other IDEs the procedure is successful.

3) The error occurs with the two attached pop-ups

4) The Driver folder is generated incompletely and no Middleware and STM32CubeIDE projects are generated.

Finally, just to complicate things:

5) The error occurs on systems based on OpenSUSE Leap 15.3.

6) The error does not occur on an Ubuntu 20.4.4 LTS machine.

Some idea?

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STomm.2
Associate

I finally found a workaround to solve the problem: CubeMX fails to generate the project when a hostname is set; deleting it, the generation of the project ends successfully.

So it seems that STM32CubeMX linux, when installed in openSUSE, fails to generate a project for STM32CubeIDE when the hostname is different from "localhost".

I am attaching the log of where the java exception occurs, hope it will help you understand why.

openSUSE Leap 15.4. Kernel 5.14.21-150400.24.33-default

Greetings

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
STomm.2
Associate

I finally found a workaround to solve the problem: CubeMX fails to generate the project when a hostname is set; deleting it, the generation of the project ends successfully.

So it seems that STM32CubeMX linux, when installed in openSUSE, fails to generate a project for STM32CubeIDE when the hostname is different from "localhost".

I am attaching the log of where the java exception occurs, hope it will help you understand why.

openSUSE Leap 15.4. Kernel 5.14.21-150400.24.33-default

Greetings