cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32cubeide won't let me select DMA1 with ADC periphereal

Vde P.1
Associate II

When adding a new DMA request to the ADC1 periphereal the only stream options available are DMA2 stream 0 and DMA2 stream 4. As I don't have any other DMA request enable I would expect to be able to select any stream from any DMA periphereal. Why is that I have this restriction?

0693W00000KZeSjQAL.png

4 REPLIES 4
KnarfB
Principal III

These connections between peripherals are not "any to any". Check the reference manual for your chip, it should have a table for possible connections. That table should match what STM32CubeIDE is showing.

hth

KnarfB

According to RM0090 both dma controllers are connected to AHB2 peripherals (which ADC are). Tables 42 and 43 shows possible channel configurations, but I guess that not all possible configurations are listed there. So, how can I identify which channels are connected to each peripheral?

> According to RM0090 both dma controllers are connected to AHB2 peripherals (which ADC are).

AHB2 - that's the data bus for ADC data, not those triggers you want.

> Tables 42 and 43 shows possible channel configurations

Correct. That's it, nothing more. Same as STM32CubeIDE is showing.

hth

KnarfB

TDK
Guru

> Tables 42 and 43 shows possible channel configurations, but I guess that not all possible configurations are listed there. 

On the contrary, the table does show all possible configurations. The ones not listed are not options.

Newer families are not as restricted as the F4 in terms of stream assignments.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".