cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 CubeMX on Mac (M1, Montery 12.6) does not seem to be able to display folder/file structure when I try to browse for saving the project at a specific location. Second, the 'Save As' does not allow me to change the project name to a new one.

MJ042
Associate II

The same happens when I try to open a project from the 'Other Projects -> Open' button.

0693W00000Y96DFQAZ.png

8 REPLIES 8
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @MJ042​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

Please check this LINK in order to download the latest version of CubeMX 6.7.0

Could you please re-test with it and check if the issue persists.

I will be waiting for your feedback.

Thx

Ghofrane

MJ042
Associate II

Hi @Ghofrane GSOURI​ ,

Thanks for the reply. I have updated CubeMX and it is still the same. (screenshot attached).

0693W00000Y98QuQAJ.png

Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @MJ042​ 

Actually I tried to reproduce the issue using the latest version Cubemx 6.7.0 but it works fine from my side .

I create a project I save it at a specific location that I choose

I changed the project name using the "save as "

0693W00000Y9933QAB.png0693W00000Y992tQAB.png0693W00000Y992eQAB.png0693W00000Y992KQAR.png 

Thx

Ghofrane

Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @MJ042​ 

After several tries I was able to reproduce the issue mentioned above so let me thank you for your contributions .

Internal ticket number: 144547(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

I will keep you posted with updates.

Regards,

Ghofrane

MJ042
Associate II

Hi @Ghofrane GSOURI​ ,

Thanks for keeping me posted.

While 'Save As' works as such, the folder structure still doesn't appear in the browse window either while opening or saving.

I think this is specific to the MAC OS version only. I've shifted to windows and it works fine.

Let us know when it gets resolved.

SamHansen42
Associate III

Hello, still have this issue on M1 MacBook Pro with latest cube version.

Ventura 13.4.1

Cube 6.9.1

@Ghofrane GSOURI 

Recent versions of MacOS have tightened the security on programs that you install. By default, they don't have access to your files. That way, something that you downloaded from some random website will have a hard time encrypting your files and demanding some bitcoin to not decrypt your files.

So, if you actually trust the program that you downloaded, go into System Settings... (under the apple menu in the upper left of your screen), Privacy & Security, Full Disk Access, choose STM32CubeMX from the list, and slide the slider to give full disk access to CubeMX.

It's not an ST bug, it's an Apple feature.

I followed your setup steps and still failed, the CubeMX version is v6.10.0, and the computer is a MacBook Pro M1 Monterey v12.3.