Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when generating code in STM32CubeMX

MS.23
Associate II

MCU: NUCLEO-L433RC-P

STM32CubeMX version: 6.8.0

MDK-ARM Community version: 5.38.0.0

Java version: 8 update 361 (build 1.8.0_361-b09)

When I try to generate code I get this message:

The Code is successfully generated under : C:/Users/.../project Project language : C but MDK-ARM V5.32project generation have a problem.

I open the generated project with uVision and when I try to build target files I get this message:

project\project.sct(7): error: L6236E: No section matches selector - no section to be FIRST/LAST.

Not enough information to list image symbols.

Not enough information to list load addresses in the image map.

In the uVision project window I also noticed that there is no Application/MDK-ARM folder with startup_stml433xx.s file. Does this mean that CubeMX is not generating this file?

How could I solve this problem?

I would really appreciate the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MS.23
Associate II

Hello and thank you for the welcome.

I managed to solve this problem. The path to the folder where the project was saved contained non English letters (į ė) and that was the problem. I saved the project to a different folder and now everything works fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @MS.23​ 

First let me welcome you to the community and thank you for posting.

At the moment I'm note able to reproduce the described behavior.

I'll keep trying to investigate; however, it would be very helpful if you share your *.ioc file containing the issue.

Also, could you share screenshots of the error message and the the project manager window of CubeMX.

I'll be waiting for your feedback.

BR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

MS.23
Associate II

Hello and thank you for the welcome.

I managed to solve this problem. The path to the folder where the project was saved contained non English letters (į ė) and that was the problem. I saved the project to a different folder and now everything works fine.