cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My STM32F429z Board USB HID is not detected by PC.I am totally new to this USB. Please help me out.

vsida.1
Associate II

Hello all,

I have just write the code on newly buyed STM32F429z board of sending 3 characters continuously through USB HID but is not being detected on PC. Same code i fired on STM32F407 board then it is detected but Device descriptor error is occurring. I am tired of all solutions. Attaching the images for your reference. Please help me out

7 REPLIES 7

What is the make/model of the board specifically?

Can you cite a web pages, or provide a link to a schematic?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MM..1
Chief II

USB isnt so simple. Try use example codes from repository folder. (version change to your)

c:\Users\***\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.26.2\Projects\STM32F429ZI-Nucleo\Applications\USB_Device\HID_Standalone\

No magic solution, but maybe some ideas to try.

JW

Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hi @vsida.1​ 

Thank you for raising this question.

I see that you configured the clock as HSE ( crystal /Ceramic Resonator ) but try verify the exact frequency for your board (8MHz expected value)

Second try to increase the heap size you are using to 0x2000

Try to use those parameters in your project and if the issue still exist don't hesitate to reply.

Hope that my answer gives some help.

Ghofrane.

> try verify the exact frequency for your board (8MHz expected value)

This does not look as 8MHz to me.

0693W00000Sv8cxQAB.png 

JW

Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ 

I meant by "try verify the exact frequency for your board (8MHz expected value)" to change the value of the input frequency from 25 MHZ to 8 MHZ and regenerate the code .

Best regards

Ghofrane .