cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install of software for debian linux procedure?

John Davis
Associate III

Where can I find a procedure for installing the IDE on linux? I found:

1. SetupSTM32CubeMX-6.3.0 and installed it. No problems.
  2. st-stm32cubeide_1.7.0 and installed it. No problems.
  3. STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.17.0 and unzipped it. No method for installing.

The last one I downloaded manually because I am trying to find an example program to begin evaluation. If use the IDE to install example programs, it will list some examples but the tool does not know how to find a download site. I found the third one and it can be unzipped, but the readme does not specify how to connect to the existing IDE. A note I found on the web says to unpack to a Repository directory. I looked and could not find this folder/directory.

On my box, I have

1. /usr/local/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/
  2. ~/STM32CubeIDE which appears to be a workspace for custom files
  3. a ton of hidden dirs which I am unsure what they are for
    1. .stm32cubeide
    2. .stm32cubemx
    3. .stmcube
    4. .stmcufinder

I installed a previous version of the IDE and never got this working. I'm hoping to try again now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

> st-stm32cubeide_1.7.0 and installed it. No problems.

So it's installed and runnable/working?

STM32CubeMX is part of STM32CubeIDE and doesn't need to be installed separately unless you want to use the standalone version.

New packages should be installed via Help -> Manage Embedded Software Packages.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

> st-stm32cubeide_1.7.0 and installed it. No problems.

So it's installed and runnable/working?

STM32CubeMX is part of STM32CubeIDE and doesn't need to be installed separately unless you want to use the standalone version.

New packages should be installed via Help -> Manage Embedded Software Packages.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Excellent. Many thanks TDK. Help->Manage Embedded Software Packages is a great tip. I used that to download the STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.17.0 which I previously downloaded manually and could not figure out how to apply to the IDE.

Afterwards, I was able to import the example code for the STM32L476 eval board I have. This is precisely what I wanted. You have made me happy.

Thanks again, John