cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using a STM32F722 with external HS USB phy. I have tried generating code to get this going but it is not even talking to the external phy let alone to the host PC. Is there some example code I could look at.

CNeug
Associate II

6 REPLIES 6
Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

Maybe you can have a look at the various examples provided the STM32F7 family CubeMX package:

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubef7.html

CNeug
Associate II

I am using the CUBEMX. That is how I am generating the USB code so far. But it is not seeming to run. I am digging in it now. But if someone has some working code I can look at it would go faster.

Mike_ST
ST Employee

You have some examples inside the F7 software package (downloaded by the STM32CubeMX software):

In windows:

C:\Users\$USERNAME\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32F722ZE-Nucleo\Applications\

but that make use of internal PHY

You have the STM32F769 discovery board that makes use of ULPI interface:

C:\Users\$USERNAME\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Applications

CNeug
Associate II

Ok so far looking at it I am not sure what he heck I am doing wrong. Could I send you code and you look at it to see if I am screwing something up?

CNeug
Associate II

Ok I found out why it is not working. The part we are using is an STM32F722R only the V , Z , and l variants have the ability to run the external phy. I am curious as to why

1. Cubemx did not flag this for that part.
  2. the registers internal to the part appear to work but do not actually do anything as far as control an external phy.

Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

1) Internal ticket entered.

2) These are called "Reserved" registers in that case.

Regards