cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to configure the USB_OTG_HS with external PHY on the STM32H730VBT6 in STM32CubeMX. On BGA Device,s, e.g. STM32H730ZBIx, I can enable the external PHY. However, on the LQFP devices (regardless of the size), this is not possible

MGisb
Associate

6 REPLIES 6
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello MGisb,

unfortunately I do not think it is not possible to set USB_OTG_HS with external PHY on the STM32H730VBT6. The LQFP packages do not have the all the pins for the ULPI. There are no available pins for OTG_HS_ULPI_DIR and OTG_HS_ULPI_NXT. I will report there there is wrongly stated in the datasheet LQFP packages are able to connect to external USB PHY. Please click on Select as Best if my reply fully answered your question.

MGisb
Associate

Hi Petr,

thanks for the response! As far as I can see, this means that on the STM32H730 in LQPF100 (and a few other packages), USB-HS cannot be used at all since there is no way to connect a PHY? If this is the case, both the datasheet and the product selector is really misleading. For instance, Table 1 with the peripheral comparision does not make any difference in terms of USB support. I also wonder, why the remaining ULPI signals are available on the LQFP-100 as they seem rather useless without ULPI_DIR and ULPI_NXT

Thanks,

Martin

Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello Martin,

unfortunately it really seems so. I have contacted our technical department about this matter and I will come back to you as soon I will get an answer from them.

JBURB
ST Employee

Hello Petr and Martin,

OTG_HS_ULPI_DIR is available, but only through the connection of PC2_C to PC2 and OTG_HS_ULPI_NXT is available only through on PC3_C and its connection to PC3. Both Pxy_C are available in STM32H730VBTx.

The connection of Pxy_C pin to Pxy pin is explained in "Figure 77. Analog inputs connected to ADC inputs" of the reference manual RM0468 rev2.

I admit that a recall of this possible connection and the alternate function associated would be useful in the pinout table.

Br,

Jacky

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Zjion.1
Associate

Hello Jacky,

I wonder to know could the speed of USB Device reach 480Mb/s when deployed ULPI phy etc. USB3343.

The fact is It's only reach FULL speed in my custom board despite I initialize it with High Speed mode. When I debug into Low level code I find it's speed alway is DSTS_ENUMSPD_FS_PHY_30MHZ_OR_60MHZ in Function USB_GetDevSpeed().

uint8_t USB_GetDevSpeed(USB_OTG_GlobalTypeDef *USBx)

{

uint32_t USBx_BASE = (uint32_t)USBx;

uint8_t speed;

uint32_t DevEnumSpeed = USBx_DEVICE->DSTS & USB_OTG_DSTS_ENUMSPD;

if (DevEnumSpeed == DSTS_ENUMSPD_HS_PHY_30MHZ_OR_60MHZ)

{

speed = USBD_HS_SPEED;

}

else if ((DevEnumSpeed == DSTS_ENUMSPD_FS_PHY_30MHZ_OR_60MHZ) ||

(DevEnumSpeed == DSTS_ENUMSPD_FS_PHY_48MHZ))

{

speed = USBD_FS_SPEED;

}

else

{

speed = 0xFU;

}

return speed;

}

Thanks,

zJjoy365

JBURB
ST Employee

Hi Zjion,

I hope my previous answer helped, If yes, you could mark it as best answer, it would help others to find a solution to the initial question.

For the second question "could the speed USB Device to reach 480Mb/s when deployed ULPI phy : USB_GetDevSpeed" I'm not an expert, some one else help. For this you should open another thread, so an expert might find it easily.

Best regard.

Jacky

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.