cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Access Forbidden when attempting to install a STM Software package (solved)

rm2399
Associate III

STM32CubeMX Version 6.3.0 "Manage embedded software packages"

When I try to load packages from STMicroelectronic, I always get the error message

"STMicroelectronics.X-CUBE-***.pack (HTTP Access Forbidden)"

The other categories (STM32 Cube MCU Packages or ARM) do not have this problem.

Regards

Rolf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julien D
ST Employee

The outage should now be resolved, please confirm the resolution on your side too.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Rob.Riggs
Senior

I am having the exact same problem. I am trying to start a project in STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1 with an STM32F746G-DISCO board and cannot because I cannot download the required firmware package.

AStef.3
Associate

I don't have an answer ... just the same problem Rob has. Starting a new project from IDE 1.6.1 / board Nucleo-F746ZG fails during "initializing peripherals" with an Error downloading the following files stem32cube_fw_f7_v1160.zip( HTTP Access Forbidden ) and stm32cube_fw_v1161.zip ( Dependency, not loaded ). This is a 2-3 days old install ... did not have problems with an older install!

rm2399
Associate III

That seems to be a bigger problem with ST. I wanted to play a bit with TouchGFX 4.17.0. But after the installation no examples and templates are shown. With Wireshark I get the same error message as with CubeMX.

No.   Time    Source    Destination    Protocol    Length   Info

165   5.381589    23.53.43.8    192.***.***.***   HTTP/XML   60    HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden -> CubeMX

171   5.425317    23.53.43.8    192.***.***.***   HTTP/XML   730    HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden -> CubeMX

714   47.921601   23.53.43.24   192.***.***.***   HTTP/XML   662    HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden -> TouchGFX

Julien D
ST Employee

We’re experiencing an outage with all the connections to sw-center. We'll get back to you on this thread once resolved.

Julien D
ST Employee

The outage should now be resolved, please confirm the resolution on your side too.

rm2399
Associate III

Top! Both CubeMX and TouchGFX now work.

Thanks for the quick solution.

Rolf

AStef.3
Associate

Working now Thanks,

Some observations -

1. The L4 and F7 take a lot longer to download than anything else - the download speed in (mb downloaded / min) appears to be lower !
  2. If you leave the computer alone and the display "locks" (Windows) by the time you log back in the package installation has failed with the same failure as I had initially. Once I extended the display lock to some 2 hours and the screen remained logged in for the whole time, the installation succeeded
  3. Downloading a full package and installing it "From Local" - did this for both F7 and L4 e.g 1.16 .0 for F7 - will succeed and code will be generated ok for a project , yet when trying to install patch 1.16.1 (patch 1.16.1 dependency being 1.16.0 full pack installed), CubeMX appears to forget that 1.16.0 is already installed and tries to download and install it again .. then it fails as per issue 2 above.

Anyway after extending the screen look time to 2 hours and removing the S7 1.16.0 then using "Install Now" on S7 1.16.1 , waiting more than 1 hour for 1.16.0 to download (again) and install followed by 1.16.1 to download and install, everting is in order and working !

Regards,

A