Did you mean: 

How to use the AN4636(Application note)

MinHyukKim
Associate

Hello STM,

currently, I am confirming the AN4636 document

This document is about LC sensor.

My require is as follows,

​I want to know how to use the firmware provided.

I am currently trying to use the firmware provided using stm32cubeMX or stm32cubeIDE, but it does not work.

I am testing with a nucleoboard based on the stm32L4xx series, and I have tried many times to use the provided firmware 'STM32CubeExpansion-LC-Sensor-L4-V1.0.0' 

but I found it impossible.

I want to know what kind of environment I need to configure to use this firmware.

Thanks​

2 REPLIES 2
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @MinHyukKim​ and welcome to the Community 😊

After downloading the firmware in question from here

You can either use stm32CubeIDE by following this path :

X-CUBE-CSENSOR_V2.0.0\STM32CubeExpansion_LC_Sensor_L4_V1.0.0\Projects\STM32L476RG-Nucleo\SW4STM32\AN4636_STM32L476RG

Or you can use IAR workbench by following this path :

X-CUBE-CSENSOR_V2.0.0\STM32CubeExpansion_LC_Sensor_L4_V1.0.0\Projects\STM32L476RG-Nucleo\EWARM

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, Sarra

Thanks you for your reply

I replied using my company email. If you didn't receive the mail, it could be occurred a security problem by the attached file. If so, please reply to me again.

The contents I sent through the company email are as follows.

Hi Sarra

Thank you for your reply.

I already imported the project you suggested from stm-32-CUbe-IDE and tested it and confirmed that it was not being built.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

arm-none-eabi-gcc "D:/stm32/en.x-cube-lcsensor-v2-0-0/X-CUBE-LCSENSOR_V2.0.0/STM32CubeExpansion_LC_Sensor_L4_V1.0.0/Libraries/STM32L4xx_Driver/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32l4xx_hal.c" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=c99 -g3 '-D__weak=__attribute__((weak))' '-D__packed=__attribute__((__packed__))' -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32L476xx -DUSE_STM32L4XX_NUCLEO -c -IROJ_DIR../../../../Inc -IROJ_DIR../../../../../../Libraries/STM32L4xx_Driver/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -IROJ_DIR../../../../../../Libraries/STM32L4xx_Driver/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -IROJ_DIR../../../../../../Libraries/STM32L4xx_Driver/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32L4xx/Include -IROJ_DIR../../../../../../Libraries/STM32L4xx_Driver/CMSIS/Include -IROJ_DIR../../../../../../Libraries/STM32L4xx_Driver/BSP/STM32L4xx_Nucleo -O3 -ffunction-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/stm32l4xx_hal.d" -MT"Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/stm32l4xx_hal.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/stm32l4xx_hal.o"

D:/stm32/en.x-cube-lcsensor-v2-0-0/X-CUBE-LCSENSOR_V2.0.0/STM32CubeExpansion_LC_Sensor_L4_V1.0.0/Libraries/STM32L4xx_Driver/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32l4xx_hal.c:54:10: fatal error: stm32l4xx_hal.h: No such file or directory

#include "stm32l4xx_hal.h"

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

make: *** [Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/subdir.mk:84: Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/stm32l4xx_hal.o] Error 1

"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

08:46:22 Build Failed. 2 errors, 0 warnings. (took 2s.677ms)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By default, the header of the hal-driver is not referenced.

Also, because of this problem, I have created a blank project and implanted AN4636 example.

As a result, it can be built, but when I ran it in debug mode, I found that it stopped in an infinite loop in the first-cal part.

I will attach the project I made, so please check it.

** When I created this project, I didn't use cubemx and implemented it only with code.

Thanks.