cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the desired clock frequency(SCL) for Nucleo-f401RE (Master-Receive- Half Duplex I2S Communication with MEMS Microhone - CUI Device (Slave) ).

smit1
Associate

Hello , I am using STM Cube IDE for I2S communication between NUCLEO-F401RE and CUI MEMS microphone namely CMM-4030DT-26354-TR . I am current facing a problem to set a clock frequency for SCL pin of Nucleo board. The SCL clock frequency range for Microphone is between 1 - 3.2 Mhz. In the STMCubeIDE , I am not able to decrease the value of Multiplier (N) less than 100 of PLL and increase the value of prescaler(R) more than 7 .I am totally baffled for the configuration of I2C SCL frequency. Even I used HSE(External Oscillator of 8Mhz ) , I got the same problem. I don't get SCL frequency less than 14.28Mhz(for N = 10 and R = 7). The frequency I want is 1 Mhz for effective communication with Slave. In a nutshell, I am unable to set the desired SCL frequency of 1Mhz for MEMS Microphone for STM32F401RE-Nucleo Board.

2 REPLIES 2

You set up the I2S clock in the SPI/I2S module, in SPI_I2SPR. Read the I2S portion of SPI/I2S chapter in Reference Manual.

JW

What I exactly do to generate 1 - 3.3 Mhz SCK clock frequency for I2S Communication?.. Should I use I2S or SPI mode for latching digital audio data??..