cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get IP with Nucleo-H743ZI stm32CubeIDE, using lwip?

Angelos1
Associate II

Hello,

I have the Nucleo-H743zi board and I am trying to use lwip+rtos to create a socket client, but I can't get IP. 

I added FreeRTOS, but there are no specifications on the parameters used in order to get IP address. I tried to use the parameters that I consider important to het IP, but I still can't. I use the default function, the MX_LWIP_init().

Also I couldn't find any examples that show how to get IP with Stm32cubeIDE. The examples, that I found don't have any specifications on the parameters by stm32cubeMX or have the ioc file. Do you know weather there are any other examples specified for stm32cubeIDE?

Thanks in advance,

Angelos 

4 REPLIES 4

ST doesn't provide MAC addresses for the boards, you'd need to make unique ones up to get an IP address from a DHCP server, or code in a fixed IP address in a range supported​ by your network.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I used a fixed IP supported by my network and tried to use another mac address than the provided one, but still didn't get an IP address.

Piranha
Chief II

It's not clear what exactly do you mean by "get an IP address". Who/what should get what IP address doing what?

If your're sure that DHCP is disabled - then it looks like the ethernet cable is not connected.

The ethernet "task" senses this (look in the code).

Or, the controller or PHY do not work correctly which again results in the cable disconnected state,

-- pa