cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the version of Cube (LL drivers) used?

aoltean
Associate II

Hello,

I am trying to figure out what is the version of the LL drivers used in a project. Where can I find this information, is it stated in any header file? I could not find anything so far.

Thanks in advance!

Andreea 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@aoltean wrote:

Yes, it matters, otherwise I wouldn't have asked the question 🙂

😂 😂 😂 

The file headers have a copyright year; eg,

AndrewNeil_0-1708689984969.png

I guess you could use that to narrow down a set of firmware pack versions to download, and then diff to see which one matches?

@aoltean wrote:

I need if for documentation and traceability reasons.

I presume the original developer is not available?

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Mahmoud Ben Romdhane
ST Employee

Hello @aoltean ,

First let me thank you for posting and welcome to the ST Community.

Every STM32 comes with a STM32Cube MCU package composed of the STM32Cube hardware abstraction layer (HAL) and the low-layer (LL) APIs, plus a consistent set of middleware components (RTOS, USB, FAT file system, etc). 

In order to find the version, I suggest that you open the release notes file of the STM32Cube package for your project’s target STM32 device under this path :

C:\Users\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.12.2\Drivers\STM32L0xx_HAL_Driver

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @aoltean and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you take a look at the following post. It could help you.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Mahmoud Ben Romdhane wrote:

In order to find the version, I suggest that you open the release notes file of the STM32Cube package for your project’s target STM32 device under this path :

C:\Users\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.12.2\Drivers\STM32L0xx_HAL_Driver

The version is right there in the path - so no need to even go any further than that!

😎

However, that just tells you what version(s) is/are installed on the development host system;  not what a given Project requires - which, I think, is what @aoltean was asking?

Hi all, and thanks for the warm welcome.

That is right. I have an old project and I don't have this driver path (C:\Users\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L0_Vx.y.z\Drivers\STM32L0xx_HAL_Driver) available anymore.

Is there anywhere else I could get a hint? 

Yes. I am using just the LL drivers, and not the HAL drivers, and that version is only written in the HAL drivers as far as I see.

Did you look in the .ioc file?

Unfortunately, I don't have the .ioc file. 

This is why I always prefer to copy the used files into the project's folder structure!

😎

(which seems to be the default for CubeIDE anyhow?)