cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to eliminate this notice.

TJM
Senior

I've just upgraded to MX6.8.0 and IDE1.12.0. I get this notice when loading a new application or example program. It doesn't affect anything and choosing OK let's everything proceed, but I'd like to get rid of the notice and find out where it's getting the "../../../../.." path.

Thanks,

TJM
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhcDqQAI.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @TJM​ 

After further investigation, I assume this is the exact same issue already reported to the development team and tracked by the Ticket 149128 and that will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thx

Ghofrane

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @TJM​ 

First let me thank you for posting .

In CubeMX, you can specify the firmware location for your project by following these steps:

1- Open your CubeMX project.

2- Click on the "Project Manager" tab.

3- Check the firmware location path that is currently set.

4- You can try setting the firmware location to the correct path where your firmware is stored.

If you are still receiving the error message after updating the firmware location settings, you may need to check that the firmware is correctly installed

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhdyAQAQ.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhe5AQAQ.pngThx

Ghofrane

TJM
Senior

Ghofrane, thanks for that info. I did find the firmware location path and it appears that by the time the new program loads after clicking 'OK', the ../../../../.. is replaced by the default repository path so there is really nothing to change. I've tried re-selecting the location and saving with no improvement. If I save and then re-open the project, I get that same notice. But, it also appears that no matter what toolchain/IDE I select when starting a new project EWARM shows up in the Toolchain/IDE selection. If I change the Toolchain/IDE to STM32CubeIDE and then save the project, the notice disappears on the next opening of the project. This makes perfect sense that STM32CubeIDE finds it's own repository but it seems EWARM gets selected by default no matter what is selected in the choice of IDE box when starting a new project. Apparently, the IDE selection may default to EWARM or be embedded in the example projects and needs to be changed manually after a project is started or re-opened. Where might this default EWARM setting be located?

Thanks,

Tony

Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @TJM​ 

After further investigation, I assume this is the exact same issue already reported to the development team and tracked by the Ticket 149128 and that will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thx

Ghofrane

TJM
Senior

Ghofrane, thanks for that info. I did search for information on this situation but found nothing. I didn't think to check for bugs as I don't know the system well enough to differentiate between my own mis-configurations and any built-in issues with the application. I should occasionally read the manuals.

Thanks,

Tony