cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect the display using FSMC?

Wsitc.1
Associate II

Dear professionals, please give me help if possible.

I'm just starting to study the F4 series. I can't connect this display and initialize SSD1963. I'm trying to move the project from Keil to CubeIDE and from F103 to F407. I did everything (almost correctly) and the display doesn't work. If you have the time and know how to do it right, please help me. I respect your time and space, but I'm tired of getting mistakes. Thanks for understanding.

Attached two projects

4 REPLIES 4
Houssem CHAABANI
Senior II

Hi @Wsitc.1​ ,

You can try to configure your LCD FSMC with STM32CubeMX:

Open STM32CubeMX and under Connectivity -> FSMC you can configure your display.

Then under Project manager you can choose the Toolchain that you want.

Hope that this helps you

Houssem

> I did everything (almost correctly) and the display doesn't work.

Did it compile at all?

You have this in the 'F407 project:

>     GPIOD->CRL &= ~(GPIO_CRL_CNF0 | GPIO_CRL_CNF1 | GPIO_CRL_CNF4 | GPIO_CRL_CNF5 | GPIO_CRL_CNF7);

>     GPIOD->CRL |= GPIO_CRL_CNF0_1 | GPIO_CRL_CNF1_1 | GPIO_CRL_CNF4_1 | GPIO_CRL_CNF5_1 | GPIO_CRL_CNF7_1;

etc.

There is no CRL register in 'F4's GPIO. 'F4 is quite different from 'F1. Read the GPIO chapters in both 'F1 and 'F4 RM and port accordingly.

You may be lucky with clicking in CubeMX, too.

JW

But I disconnected this piece of code from the project. He is just commented. And I configure the FSMC module using a code generator.

Thanks for the answer.
Sir, I thought you would understand what I was talking about. But apparently the translator I use can't translate my opinion.
I repeat, I have already created a project in the CubeIDE environment and I want to continue working in this environment, but I can't transfer the project from Keil to CubeIDE normally. That's what the whole problem is.