cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure STM32F469ZxT Ethernet in CubeMX? There is no "ETH" item on "Connectivity" page. However acording to datasheet ethernet supposed to be supported.

OKoch.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @OKoch.1​ ,

Yes STM32F469ZI & STM32F479ZI/G does not support Ethernet .

The "Features" description in MCU selector is common for one MCU line (in our case STM32F469/479 ) and for this line Ethernet is supported except for STM32F469ZI & STM32F479ZI/G, that's why the description features contain Ethernet

Houda

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @OKoch.1​ ,

thanks for your feedback.

I will raise this issue internally to be fixed.

Meanwhile, to detect which F4 MCU contain ETH, you can do search by selecting "Ethernet" in peripheral list of MCU selector as explained in the screenshot below :

0693W00000AM7PbQAL.pngHope this helped you, if your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Houda

OKoch.1
Associate II

Hence, STM32F469Z does not support Ethernet. Am I right? But the description of MPU features in CubeMX contains Ethernet. This is quite confusing.

0693W00000AMTKdQAP.png

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @OKoch.1​ ,

Yes STM32F469ZI & STM32F479ZI/G does not support Ethernet .

The "Features" description in MCU selector is common for one MCU line (in our case STM32F469/479 ) and for this line Ethernet is supported except for STM32F469ZI & STM32F479ZI/G, that's why the description features contain Ethernet

Houda

OKoch.1
Associate II

Then the datasheet needs to be corrected?0693W00000AMibyQAD.png

OKoch.1
Associate II
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hello @OKoch.1​ ,

Sorry for the delay.

Yes the datasheet need to be aligned.

The configuration in STM32CubeMX is correct.

Hope this helps you.

Houda

Hi @OKoch.1​ ,

I confirm what was said by @Houda GHABRI​ . The STM32F469/F479 datasheets are already updated (see DS11189 and DS11118).

Please note that even if Ethernet is running successfully on some parts, ST cannot guarantee its full functionality on STM32F479V/Z/A.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.