cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change MCU in STM32CubeMX?

DMala.2
Associate

Hello,

I tried to change the board in my project from STM32G474CC to STM32G473CC. Both should be pin compatible. I've read different solutions for this in the forum but non of them work. Also the description in UM1718 chapter 11.9. When I follow the steps which are descript in this user manual I can not find the "File --> Import Project" option. I can only import from an existing project but then this project ends up in my workspace with the same mcu settings as it has in the original project. Is there an easy solution for changing pin compatible MCUs in the project?

I use STM32CubeIDE version 1.5.1

Best Regards,

Dominic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KnarfB
Principal III

If you have the Pinout View open in STM32CubeMX (not IDE), there is a drop-down menu at the white "Pinout" text. One menu entry is "List ... Compatible..." (Alt+L).

hth

KnarfB

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KnarfB
Principal III

If you have the Pinout View open in STM32CubeMX (not IDE), there is a drop-down menu at the white "Pinout" text. One menu entry is "List ... Compatible..." (Alt+L).

hth

KnarfB

DMala.2
Associate

Hello KnarfB,

thank you for your answer. This solved my issue.

Dominic

Thanks, but I've got two problem with this incomplete solution :

- the first time I opened the dialog box, it stayed blocked at 98% with a "Running Low Memory" error. Frustrating on a computer with 32 GB RAM. I close few processes and relaunched CubeIDE, and then, it reached 100% (STM32CubeIDE using "only" 1.7 GB by the way). Then :

- this is a list, just showing information. There's no way to switch from the current MCU to another one from the list.

Is there a clean way to switch without recreating a new project from scratch, or use dirty techniques ?

(STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.13.2)

And will happily delete all user created files during MCU change. I am still alive as main files were open in editor.

mxo
Associate III

yes it was bother for me too.
now the way I choose is as followings..
  1. create empty project which use compatible MCU.
  2. copy linker script file (*.ld) into proper project.
  3. select linker script with "Properties - C/C++ Build - Settings - MCU GCC Linker" menu.
mxo_0-1707383071962.png

that gives less frustrates.