cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I activate EXTI interruptions that are blocked with Enable?

JLee.00000
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

As @TDK​ mentioned: hovering the disabled box shows The corresponding GPIO pin is left as "Free" and ....

So you need to assign the pin context to the Cortex-M7. To do that:

• open the peripheral GPIO, e.g. using the categories A->Z on the left side
  • select the GPIO in question (in your case PC13)
  • in the configuration change Pin Context Assignment from Free to ARM Cortex-M7 (NVIC1 relates to C-M7)
  • then either:
    • select tab NVIC (same page in configuration of GPIO) and tick the box at EXTI line[15:10] or
    • open the peripheral NVIC1 and tick the box at EXTI line[15:10] there

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Simply tick the relevant box on EXTI Line, in this case EXTI Line [15:10]. A corresponding interrupt function is then generated by CubeMX or the CubeIDE.

You can read about the respective EXTI lines in the reference manual for the respective STM32 family.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I clicked on the box, but I couldn't activate it.

Can you see that the color is different from the other boxes?

I don't know why it is like this.

TDK
Guru

There's probably a reason it's disabled. Hover over it and see if a note pops up. If that's not it, attach the IOC.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Bob S
Principal

Disclaimer: I have no direct experience with dual-core STM32 CPUs, but... Do you need to map that EXTI pin to one of the cores first?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

As @TDK​ mentioned: hovering the disabled box shows The corresponding GPIO pin is left as "Free" and ....

So you need to assign the pin context to the Cortex-M7. To do that:

• open the peripheral GPIO, e.g. using the categories A->Z on the left side
  • select the GPIO in question (in your case PC13)
  • in the configuration change Pin Context Assignment from Free to ARM Cortex-M7 (NVIC1 relates to C-M7)
  • then either:
    • select tab NVIC (same page in configuration of GPIO) and tick the box at EXTI line[15:10] or
    • open the peripheral NVIC1 and tick the box at EXTI line[15:10] there

Regards

/Peter

I saw a popup hover over it 

that talk "The corresponding GPIO pin is left as "Free" and not used by any middleware or pack." 

Thanks to you, I was able to solve the problem.

I solved the problem by following your instructions.

Thank you for your kindness.