cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, in stm32cubeMX NIVIC Interrupt Table some interrupts are already enabled and not editable how can I disable them.

WRaso.1
Associate II

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Most of those are error handlers and can't or shouldn't be disabled. Which one do you want to disable?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
WRaso.1
Associate II

Thanks TDK , while viewing the video provided by ST (snapshot is attached) and practicing on my computer I observed the difference and questions were in my mind, why are these interrupts not disabled? In beginners projects if there is no code in these ISRs do these interrupts still have effect on program flow? how to disable?

TDK
Guru

The screenshot is from an older version of CubeMX. Likely the newer version has them permanently enabled.

> In beginners projects if there is no code in these ISRs do these interrupts still have effect on program flow?

Unless the interrupts are triggered, they won't affect your program at all. That's true of any interrupt.

In normal code execution, none of these interrupts (apart from SysTick) should be triggered. They are triggered on various errors, such as trying to access an invalid memory address or execute an invalid instruction. In these cases, you definitely want to know about it so you can properly debug and fix your firmware.

SysTick is required as the HAL library uses it by default to perform timing measurements.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".