cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.extSettings file don't work as described in documentation

Intector
Associate III

Hello,

I'm trying to use the .extSettings file to add files to my project and followed the description in "UM1718.pdf". Unfortunately, this don't work. I'm using STM32CubeMX to create a "Dummy" project for STM32CubeIDE.

here is the content of my .extSettings file:

[Groups]
Middlewares/ST/netxduo/addons/ftp=C:\Users\xxxxxx\STM32Cube\Repository\Packs\STMicroelectronics\X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F7\1.1.0\Middlewares\ST\netxduo\addons\ftp\nxd_ftp_server.c;C:\Users\xxxxxx\STM32Cube\Repository\Packs\STMicroelectronics\X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F7\1.1.0\Middlewares\ST\netxduo\addons\ftp\nxd_ftp_server.h
Web_Content=D:\cloud\OneDrive_Intector\project_team\TAG-ID\dev\web\E-Paper\index.html

I'm expecting to find this in the STM32CubeIDE project view:

Intector_0-1712956419368.png

But this is what I really find:

Intector_1-1712956539055.png

I hope to find some answers to this issue, because STM32CubeMX is buggy enough even without this.

Never forget:

"Always be yourself, unless you can be a pirate. Then always be a pirate."

10 REPLIES 10

That was the first thing I thought of when I started with the NetX FTP-Server, but I don't think that this is an issue. The NetX HTTP-Server is working just fine, and it gets all its content from the SD-Card. I made a Bootstrap based webpage where everything is coming from the card, even the fonts. It works like a charm. At first, I thought the problem is that I use only one instance of the SC-Card for both, the HTTP-Server and the FTP-Server. I disabled the HTTP-Server completely, it's not even allocating the memory for it anymore, but no changes in the behavior of the FTP-Server. By now, I assume a memory issue, because the STM32F767ZI has only 512KB SRAM available and parts of which are used by other stuff already. 

Here is my memory configuration is the linker script:

/* NetX TCP buffer */
  .tcp_sec (NOLOAD) :
  {
    . = ABSOLUTE(0x2003A000);
    *(.RxDecripSection)

. = ABSOLUTE(0x2003A0A0);
    *(.TxDecripSection)

} >RAM AT >FLASH

/* NetX data */
  .nx_data (NOLOAD):
  {
    /* HTTP-Server pool section */
    . = ABSOLUTE(0x2003A140);
    *(.Nx_HTTP_ServerPoolSection)

/* FTP-Server pool section */
    . = ABSOLUTE(0x2003C2D0);
    *(.Nx_FTP_ServerPoolSection)

/* NetX pool section */
    . = ABSOLUTE(0x2003E460);
    *(.NetXPoolSection)   

/* Label Screen pool section */
    . = ABSOLUTE(0x20070460);
    *(.LS_PoolSection)

} >RAM AT >FLASH
  1. 160 Bytes for the DMA descriptor array for send.
  2. 160 Bytes for the DMA descriptor array for receive.
  3. 8592 Bytes for the HTTP-Server Pool
  4. 8592 Bytes for the FTP-Server Pool
  5. 204800 Bytes for the NetX Pool

I ordered a NUCLEO-H753ZI board which has 1MB SRAM and try it as soon as it comes in. 

Never forget:

"Take what you can, give nothing back"

best regards

Kai